Middle School will be provided with 5 Vista Shirts, appropriate school pants, shorts or skirts should be worn with Vista Shirt EVERYDAY!
For grades 9-12, students should dress in business casual attire that follows Denver Public Schools dress code. No specific colors are required.
- Skirts and shorts must be at an appropriate length which is an inch below the finger tips.
- Pants must be worn at the waist with a belt.
- Hats are not to be worn inside any building on the school campus, unless approved by an administrator under special circumstances, in which case the student will be granted permission to wear a Vista Academy hat.
The following are not permitted at any time:
- Any clothing, grooming, jewelry, accessories, shapes in haircuts or body adornments that contain advertisement, symbols, words, slogans, patches, or pictures that are sexually suggestive; that are drug, tobacco, or alcohol-related, or that are obscene, profane, vulgar, obscene, or offensive.
- Wave caps, bandanas, do-rags, picks, or any other grooming items.
- Red, blue, or combination of red and blue shoes/laces/bandanas/accessories/etc.
- Hoodies with the hood up, sunglasses, underwear as outerwear.
- Slashes through eyebrows.
- Inappropriately sheer, tight, or short clothing.
- Clothing that reveals the stomach, chest, back, or buttocks.
Piercings and Tattoos
- Students who have existing tattoos that are gang related, offensive, or obscene will be required to cover them up. Students who are interested in having tattoos removed can be connected with services that can assist with this.
- No facial piercings (school-appropriate earrings and small stud nose piercings are ok).